Where you can start your next adventure - Some bucket list adventures
1. Paraglide over Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Paragliding in Rio de Janeirois a recreational wind sport that is best described as a hybrid of hang gliding and parachuting. A paraglider is free-flying, unlike the parachute used in parasailing, which is generally a passive amusement ride rather than an active sport.
2. Jump off the South Point cliffs - Hawaii, U.S.
Head to the southernmost point of the Big Island of Hawaii, known as South Point or Ka Lae, and see if you can muster up the courage for a free fall off the awe-inspiring cliffs.
3. Visit the Sistine Chapel - Vatican City
Located in the Apostolic Palace, the official residence of the Pope features the works of great Renaissance masters such as Michelangelo, Sandro Botticelli and Raphael. Spend some time gazing at the beautiful Sistine Chapel Ceiling and “The Last Judgment” on the altar wall painted by Michelangelo.
4. Walk across a frozen river on the Chadar trek - Ladakh, India
If you are game to brave sub-zero conditions in the Himalayas, go for the Chadar trek. During winter, the Zanskar River freezes completely creating a vast ice sheet, which is ideal for trekking.
5. Dogsled in remote Lapland - Finland
6. Travel to Patagonia - Argentina and Chile
Located at the southern end of South America, Patagonia comprises the Andes mountains as well as deserts, steppes and grasslands. The region is famed for its indigenous flora and fauna. While there, make sure to check out southern right whale, Magellanic penguin, the orca and elephant seals.
7. Enjoy the sight from atop Mount Kilimanjaro - Tanzania
One of the most iconic peaks in the world, it is also Africa’s highest. Savor the enthralling view once you make it to the top.
8. Visit an active volcano at Volcan Pacaya - Guatemala
Pacaya is an active complex volcano that first erupted about 23,000 years ago. Since 1965, it has been erupting at regular intervals, making it a must-visit for volcano enthusiasts.
9. Raft through the Grand Canyon - Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, U.S.
Experience the thrill of paddling in the Colorado River with the millennium-old walls of the Grand Canyon rising by your side.
10. Spend a night at a private Scottish isle - Scotland
If renting a room is too mainstream, how about renting an entire island with a medieval castle? Isle of Scalpay, Ronay Island and Isle of Harris (pictured) are some of the small islands of Scotland that you can rent for a tranquil vacation.
Post a Comment
Please do not enter any SPAM link in comment box.