Find The Best Affordable Zero Waste Makeup Brands
When looking for zero waste cosmetics, we need to think about packaging, company ethics, shipping, manufacturing, and so much more. But don’t worry – we’ve got some great brands lined up for you below so you don’t have to figure it out all by yourself!
let’s look at some of zero waste, or almost zero waste makeup brands.
1. KJAER WEIS: Developed by a renowned makeup artist, Kirsten Kjaer Weis, this brand manages to combine luxury, organic, skin-safe ingredients, and eco-friendly makeup packaging in one.Their refills, and Red Edition products are sold in recyclable and compostable materials sourced from FSC-certified materials.
2. ALIMA PURE: When it comes to their clean beauty products, you can be assured that all of their compacts can be refilled time and time again. While their powder cosmetics are packaged in recyclable plastic, and sent out in recycled paper boxes.hey’re also a member of 1% for the Planet, they’re 100% carbon-neutral, they’re powered by green energy (100% renewable sources), and they give back by planting trees.
3. LUSH COSMETICS: Lush offers several ‘naked’ makeup products that come package-free. Their range of zero-waste makeup includes solid foundation ‘slap sticks’, multi-use concealer and highlighter sticks, and low-waste refillable lipsticks.
4. ĀTHR BEAUTY: ĀTHR’s palettes are zero-waste and fully recyclable. ĀTHR’s eyeshadow, blush, and highlighter palettes and compacts come in 100% recyclable packaging. No mirrors or magnets, only recyclable aluminum pans, FSC certified recycled materials, and printed using soy-based inks.
5. ALEPH BEAUTY: Aleph Beauty’s core packaging is made from glass and their lids are made from aluminum. Currently, Aleph’s collection of zero-waste makeup includes vegan concealer, cheek & lip tints, and highlighters.
6. ZERRA & Co: Made from natural ingredients free from petroleum, and palettes made from stiff and sturdy paperboard that can be returned to be repurposed, Zerra & Co rejects single use plastics and limits plastic in packaging as much as possible. Shipped carbon neutral and in 100% recyclable and compostable materials — including the tape!