7 Important Facts That You Should Know About Gaganyaan Project of ISRO
With the commencement of New Year 2020, preparations for Gaganyaan have also begun.
India's Rakesh Sharma became the first Indian to go into space on 2nd April 1984, but it was Russia's space program when Gaganyaan had India's own space mission.
However, Russia's launch service Glavkosmos has to be helped to make Gaganyaan a success. Russia is far ahead in space science research and technique. During the Cold War between Russia and the United States in the 1960, Russia's Yuri Gagarin became the world's first human to reach space in 1961.
- By 2022, humans will be sent to the moon under Gaganyaan.
- Gaganyaan and Chandrayaan-3 will be special projects in the year of 2020.
- Four astronauts have been selected for the Gaganyaan mission.
- Gaganyaan has a very ambitious project of ISRO in which up to 2020, humans will be sent to the moon.
- Russia is helping India's space mission.
- On the first attempt 6 years ago, ISRO was able to land on the moon. India introduced its space research capability to the world by sending a second time under Chandrayaan-2 last year.
- ISRO's Human Space Flight Center is preparing to send astronauts to India by the 2022.
Astronauts Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins travel to the moon on July 16, 1964. Under the mission Apollo 11, Commander Neil Armstrong became the first human to set foot on the surface of the moon.
A few years after Mission-Apollo-11, America's lunar expeditions abruptly stopped. To date no other country has been able to land its astronauts on the moon except America.